Sunday 14 December 2014

Finally Finished

I've been working on lots of bits and pieces throughout the year, and I'm madly working on finishing up the final lots. How many of you are up to "stupid-o-clock-in-the-morning" finishing stuff too? :P

I've still got quite a bit to do, but I've just cleared off one item in the wee hours of this morning, and I should clear off a second item later today. Coincidentally, both are in triplicate.

The first is a set of three "Hungry Caterpillar" cocoon and hat sets from the paid pattern by Elizabeth Peck found here: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crochet Pattern
I'm quite pleased with how they came up. They are for a friend of a friend who has three pregnant friends. It is a very straightforward pattern, although I did have trouble working out how to attach the antennae, I think they came out nice. I'll put some notes in my Ravelry project page which you can find here: Rhaysha's Hungry Caterpillars x 3



So, what do you think? I hope I get to see some pictures of some little cuties in these. ;) If not these, well, I'm making a fourth as a gift for a friend who does baby photography, so here's hoping, right?

The other item is gifts for my elder son's Kindergarten teachers. He started school this year, and during the year he changed classes. The first class had one teacher, but the second class was a large class and had two teachers - so, three teacher gifts it is. ;)

This pattern is by Moogly, and I think it's a fantastic idea! Happy Handle Coffee Cozy is the pattern I used, and I just tried it on my hand with the mugs I bought for the teachers as well - it feels fantastic and warm, and that's with the mugs empty! I sat and watched a movie with the family while I made it, and the first one was well and truly done by the time the movie had finished. Fast, easy, and a great gift for teachers. ;)


You can follow my progress for the three of them here: Rhaysha's Kindy Teacher Christmas Gift x 3


Don't forget to come and check out our Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment